Whatsapp Now Supports UPI. You and send and Receive Money Through UPI in India. This UPI feature is available since 2018.
Follow the below steps to send Money through UPI.
Requirements to enable WhatsApp UPI payments
- The mobile number is linked with Bank Account.
- Whatapp Registered with the same mobile number.
- SMS balance.
- ATM card (if you’re new To UPI Payments).
How to Send Money through WhatsApp UPI
Almost everyone uses Whatsapp. If not download it from Google Play Store and register your mobile number. (We have not tested this in IOS)
Open Whatsapp and click on the Top 3 dots and select Payments Option.
Next, you have to add a payment option. Click on Add payment Method.
Next, you will see crores of people are already using payments on WhatsApp. Click on continue.
Select your bank account.
verify your mobile number. Your sim must have an SMS Balance are Main balance ( some Mobile networks must need SMS balance or unlimited plan like VI)
Now you have successfully created WhatsApp UPI payment, Now send and receive money directly through whatsapp.
To send money complete above process and then select your contact and then select rupee symbol.
if your friend is already enabled the Whatsapp UPI. You can send money if not it will show you to invite your friend.
Also, you can send money by clicking on the magnet option beside the rupee symbol.
At the time of writing this post, they don’t have the option to send money through UPI id.
How to find My WhatsApp UPI Id
Whatsapp UPI ends with @waaaxis
why use whatsapp
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
: • NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they’re in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can’t access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer’s browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There’s no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone’s existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you’re always logged in so you don’t miss messages. No more confusion about whether you’re logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there’s no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!